Selected computational arts & design publications
- Processing for Android: Creating mobile, sensor-aware, and VR applications using Processing. Colubri A. APress. 2017; 381 pages.
- Shader Programming for Computational Arts and Design: A Comparison between Creative Coding Frameworks. Gomez AF, Colubri A, Charalambos JP. Proceedings of VISIGRAPP 2016 Conference. 2016; volume 1 pages 161-168.
- Introducing Processing 2.0. Colubri A, Fry BW. Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 2012 Conference. 2012.
- ITCH Individual Technology / Community Hacking. Colubri A, Kim JY. Proceedings of ISEA2010 RUHR Conference. 2010; 281-283.
Selected scientific publications
- NX4: a web-based visualization of large multiple sequence alignments. Solano-Roman A, Cruz-Castillo C, Offenhuber D, Colubri A.. Bioinformatics. 2019; 1;35(22):4800-4802.
- Machine-learning Prognostic Models from the 2014–16 Ebola Outbreak: Data-harmonization Challenges, Validation Strategies, and mHealth Applications. Colubri A, Hartley MA, Siakor M, Wolfman V, Felix A, Sesay T, Shaffer JG, Garry RF, Grant DR, Levine AC, Sabeti PC. EClinicalMedicine. Published June 22, 2019.
- When It Comes to Disease, Why Wait for a Pandemic to Respond?. Colubri A, Brown T, Pardis PC. Wired. Published March 13, 2019.
- Clinical and laboratory predictors of Lassa fever outcome in a dedicated treatment facility in Nigeria: a retrospective, observational cohort study. Okokhere P, Colubri A, Azubike C, Iruolagbe C, Osazuwa O, Tabrizi S, et al. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. Published March 6, 2018.
- Transforming clinical data into actionable Ebola prognosis models. Colubri A, Silver T, Fradet T, Retzepi K, Fry BW, Sabeti PC. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. Published March 18, 2016.
- Clinical Illness and Outcomes in Patients with Ebola in Sierra Leone. Schieffelin J, Shaffer J, Goba A, Gbakie M, Gire S, Colubri A, et al. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2014; 371(22):2092-2100.
- Genomic surveillance elucidates Ebola virus origin and transmission during the 2014 outbreak. Gire SK, Goba A, Andersen KG, Sealfon RS, Park DJ, Kanneh L, Jalloh S, et al. Science. 2014; 345(6202):1369-72.
- Minimalist representations and the importance of nearest neighbor effects in protein folding simulations. Colubri A, Jha AK, Shen MY, Sali A, Berry RS, Sosnick TR, Freed KF. Journal of Molecular Biology. 2006; 363(4):835-57.
- Statistical coil model of the unfolded state: resolving the reconciliation problem. Jha AK, Colubri A, Freed KF, Sosnick TR. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2005; 102(37):13099-104.
- Prediction of protein structure by simulating coarse-grained folding pathways. Colubri A. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics. 2004; 21(5):625-38.
For a complete list of publications, check my Google Scholar profile.
Design Media Arts MFA Thesis
In 2009, I received an MFA degree from the Design Media Arts Department at the University of California, Los Angeles. My thesis project was about the use of digital drawing and real-time video in live performance. The written thesis is available here.
Mathematics Doctoral Thesis
My original background is in mathematics applied to the simulation of biopolymers (proteins and RNA). I obtained my PhD from the department of Mathematics at the Universidad Nacional del Sur in Bahía Blanca, Argentina, in 2002, for my work on the coarse-graining of stochastic processes to describe the folding of protein molecules (thesis pdf, in Spanish).